While Google had been trying to make its product more user-friendly and create traction for people to do more on Google than they did before. Now, Google allows you to donate directly to a Non-profit organization without paying any percentage to middle men like Facebook does. Facebook charges 5% on donations made through its platform and to counter that even further, Google has agreed to match up to $2 million in donations every year with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Google has been trying to make its platform more user-friendly but this is the first time it is trying to give a direct way to users for performing a transaction by clicking a button on its main search page.
This is how you can get a ‘Donate’ button for your non-profit organization:
1. Register with Techsoup.com, If you already don ‘t know.. TechSoup is available in every country and normally, any organization that is collecting donations and is a non-profit or charity can register. Here is a link to the techsoup website: http://www.techsoup.org/
2. Apply for Google for non-profits which can be done here: https://www.google.com/nonprofits/
3. Your application will take up to a few days to get approved and only when it is approved by TechSoup is when you will get to enjoy all the perks of Google for Non-Profits
Bonus for everyone! Google is not just giving you an option to set up an account, with this account you get more benefits as well, for starters:
1. A free Google Apps account that can be activated once you are registered on both the platforms
2. Get up to $10,000 to spend on Google Adwords and also, a Google Adwords express account just to make it easy for beginners to create Google Adwords campaigns
There is definitely more to come from Google on this, stay tuned and let me know what are your thoughts on this update! you can leave a comment below.
You can get a free account on my site with 50 keyword rankings being updated daily with a graphical presentation of the data today! Visit Free Rank Tracker and fill up your information